Monday, January 3, 2011

Game of the Day: Punch-Out!! 1984 Arcade

Today’s game of the day is Punch-Out!! the arcade version.

This game was released in 1984 and is the first game in the Punch-Out Series. The first game I played in the series was Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! The first time I played the game was December 31, 2010 when I came across the game in the arcade at my local mall. You don’t see many arcades around anymore where you can play a game for 1 quarter. My local mall is small and hardly has anything in it but it has a nice arcade but that’s another blog post. I was so excited to see this game so I played the game. The game play style was different but the strategies for beating characters like Glass Joe or Bald Bull are along the same lines. The controls are a little different but the Punch-Out series has kept the same feel for all its characters throughout the series. This game is awesome and it’s always nice to see where one of your favorite game series started. If you get a chance to play this game do it so you won’t regret it. I took some pictures and a video with my cell phone and I apologize for the low quality for the video and pictures my camera isn’t the best with quality. I hope you enjoy this quick video I shot and the game play video I found on YouTube.

More Pictures



My Video


Game Play Video

No comments:

Post a Comment